Self-Advocate Virtual Resource Project
Date posted December 14, 2020
Autism Services of Saskatoon is proud to partner up with the Sinneave Foundation as a SK representative of a broader, ‘Self-Advocate Virtual Resource Project’.
As part of this project, AIDE Canada’s Prairie Hub will contract numerous autistic adults from across all three provinces in the Prairies to create informational resources on issues facing other autistic adults within the following five topic areas:
- Getting an ASD Diagnosis as an Adult: Navigating Regional Diagnostic Resources in Saskatchewan
- Disability Benefits and Government Resources: Navigating Government Disability Resources in Saskatchewan
- Home Sweet Home: Affordable and Accessible Housing in Saskatchewan
- All in a Days Work: Employment in Saskatchewan
- Bridge Building: Peer Networking and Developing your Circle of Social Supports as an Autistic Adult
That is where YOU come in. We are seeking any adults on the autism spectrum to apply for this opportunity. In doing so, you will help build up these resources for the broader, autistic community and create a larger sense of awareness on several important subjects (as seen above). I’ve attached the Request for Proposal link below for your review. It contains all the necessary details of this project. Please note that if you wish to apply, the deadline is at 5:00pm on December 31st, 2020.
Successful applicants will be given mentorship, technical support and coaching from Alex Scott, Director of Family Programs, who has agreed to act as a SK liaison on the project. He will assist you in submitting the application if you require it and he will help you through the process of achieving your resource-building goals as best as possible.
If you are someone who would like to utilize this opportunity or know of someone who may like to participate please contact Alex directly at email@example.com or by phone at 306-665-4285 for more information.