Autism is not caused by a lack of love, and it is not cured by punishment. Parents need support to manage difficult behaviours with structure and consistency.
Direct Support Worker For Adults With Autism
We are currently hiring for part-time and casual support workers. Open availability on weekdays, weekends, evenings and overnights is required.
*These positions may fill before the application deadline, please apply immediately*
*Positions may be eligible for our benefits package.
*Valid driver’s license and vehicle are required.
*PLEASE PROVIDE THREE REFERENCES ON YOUR APPLICATION.
*PLEASE APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY, other resumes will not be considered.
We are looking for enthusiastic, kind and patient support people to work with adults with autism in a group home setting. Fun and flexible workplace with many opportunities for training and advancement. You must be willing to build a relationship with the individuals we support, and understand that you may experience challenging and stressful situations. Our primary focus is to support adults in their homes and community, using Gentle Teaching and respectful, person centered approaches.
- Assist adults with autism and varying support needs with all aspects of daily living
- Support the individuals during challenges, and follow personal support plans.
- Assist individuals with personal care (dressing, bathing, toileting, etc.)
- Accompany individuals on recreational outings and to community events
- Assist with day to day activities in the home, including cooking and cleaning
- Assist in planning and implementing programs as part of the core team
- Other duties as required
- *Disability Support Worker certificate or equivalent.
- *Experience providing direct support to adults, and knowledge of autism is preferred. Gentle Teaching background, PART (or other crisis intervention) training, and strong teamwork skills are an asset
- *Training will be provided.