While there is no one known cause for autism, it is known the disorder is not caused by poor parenting.
Autism Services of Saskatoon is looking for an Autism Consultant–with preference for a background in Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology or Occupational Therapy–who is passionate about working directly with individuals diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) as a member of a team in a non-profit environment. This is a full time, 6 month term position (with the possibility of renewal of the term).
The Autism Consultant will work directly with individuals (ages 0-19 presenting with ASD) and their families. This is a multifaceted position, and includes family consultation, intervention program development, transition programming, treatment plans, coordination, and staff supervision responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a Masters Degree in Psychology, Speech-Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy or other related fields, with well developed knowledge in recognized behavioral approaches, as well as experience with feeding and toileting support, sensory systems, self-regulation, behavioral, and motor planning etc.
- clinical experience in the development, delivery and coordination of ASD specific intervention program plans for children and youth with ASD.
- experience in providing therapy, writing reports, educational support and behavioral consultation.
- experience in the development and delivery of groups and individual programs will be an asset.
- a background in ASD assessment, intake, coordination of community agencies, and resource development would be beneficial.
- experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and possessing strong collaborative leadership, facilitative advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work respectfully and cooperatively with other team members internally and externally.
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Deadline to receive applications: Wednesday, October 19, 2022