COVID-19: Operations – Update March 20
Date posted March 20, 2020
During this time of uncertainty, Autism Services of Saskatoon is dedicated to doing our very best to continue to support people with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
Going forward, we will be adapting our operations to best observe the practice of social distancing so that we can continue to support individuals and families without putting them, ourselves, or the community at risk. Starting today (March 20), we will be enacting the following changes:
- OFFICE: Our office, located at 209 Fairmont Drive, Saskatoon, will be closed to the public. You can continue to reach us at 306-665-7013 or e-mail us at email@example.com for general enquiries.
- TEMPORARY LAY-OFFS: It was with deepest regret that we’ve had to issue temporary lay-off notices to some of our staff – specifically the Behaviour Therapists in ABA-Little Tots and AIP, the Coordinator of Family/Group Programs and an administrative staff. We are so appreciative of the people they are and the work they do and will recall them as soon as it is feasible.
- PROGRAM AREAS: Each of our program areas will have staff working regular hours, remotely from home, and will return your call or e-mail as soon as possible. Our Directors and senior staff will continue to monitor client requests and direct the staff to respond as appropriate. Programs that can be delivered remotely are being developed and information will continue to be shared.
- AUTISM INTERVENTION PROGRAM (AIP): For the Autism Intervention Program – If you are connected with a Consultant, continue to reach out to them via telephone or email and they will get your messages. If you are not, and do not know who to connect with, please call or email the Director – Eileen Deswiage at 306-665-4297 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Northern services to Keewatin and to Athabasca will continue with those Consultants working remotely.
- ABA LITTLE TOTS: ABA-Little Tots families will continue to be supported by the Director, Desirae Boutin and the Senior Therapist, Bethan Weeding.
- FAMILY/GROUP PROGRAMS: Director, Alex Scott will continue overseeing all aspects of Family/Group programs.
- ADULT SUPPORT PROGRAMS: Day/residential are continuing to be operational under the leadership of Director, Glenda Kpelly and a marvelous senior management team. We cannot begin to express the level of appreciation and gratitude we have for the front-line staff who are on the job day and night – 24/7 – supporting and keeping our participants safe.
- MEETINGS: All meetings, including those currently scheduled, will take place over the phone or via a remote technology platform. If you have a meeting scheduled with one of our staff, they will be reaching out to you shortly.
- EVENTS: All of our events for the remainder of March and April have been postponed.
Our primary goal during this time is to ensure the continuity of service and support. As such, we will continue to take calls and emails as well as schedule remote meetings. We know that, at times like this, it is the most vulnerable among us that are the most at risk and we want to assure you that we are here to support you.
Plain Language Resource
For those of you in need of a plain language resource for COVID-19, we received this information from Inclusion Saskatchewan: Green Mountain Self-Advocates have created a guide to COVID-19 for and by self-advocates. Find the plain language guide at this link, and please share with anyone who might need it: https://selfadvocacyinfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Plain-Language-Information-on-Coronavirus.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2Nm9YBe39XxQ94lc8LJVGkFo6UlZ0AtRV9RTAXbq-dw4U_DnKiHxxvmAI
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us:
Lynn Latta, Executive Director – 306-665-4288, email@example.com
Shirley Kloeble, Director of Finance – 306-665-4293, firstname.lastname@example.org
Desirae Boutin, Director, ABA Little Tots – 306-665-4280, email@example.com
Eileen Deswiage, Director, Autism Intervention Program – 306-665-4297, firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenda Kpelly, Director, Adult Support Programs – 306-665-9379, email@example.com
Alex Scott, Director, Family/Group Programs – 306-665-4285, firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the next few weeks, we will be monitoring the situation closely and continue to update you with any further changes to our operations. We greatly appreciate your understanding and support as we all move through this together.
For more information on recent updates, click here:
- Front Entrance update (March 18 update)
- Service Delivery update (March 17 update)
- Statement concerning COVID-19 (March 12 update)
For a complete listing of all our COVID-19 updates, click here: