Individually designed programs best meet the needs of a person with autism. Those with autism should be learning, living and working in settings where there is ample opportunity to communicate and interact with others who have the skills they lack.
- Autism Resource Centre – ARC (Regina, SK) www.autismresourcecentre.com/
- The Casey Foundation www.thecaseyfoundation.org/
- SASKFEAT Saskatchewan Families for Effective Autism Treatment www.saskfeat.com
- Autism Awareness Centre http://www.autismawarenesscentre.org/
- Autism Canada Foundation www.autismcanada.org/
- Autism Today www.autismtoday.com/
- Autism Treatment Services of Canada www.autism.ca
- Autism Society Canada www.autismsocietycanada.ca/
- Canadian Autism Intervention Research Network www.cairn-site.com/
- Autism Calgary Association www.autismcalgary.com
- Autism Northwest Territories (Email Link) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autism Society of Alberta or Edmonton Autism Society www.edmontonautismsociety.org
- Autism Society of British Columbia (also serves Yukon) www.autismbc.ca/
- Autism Society of Manitoba www.autismmanitoba.com/
- Autism Society of Ontario www.autismsociety.on.ca
- Autism Society of Prince Edward Island www.autismsociety.pe.ca/
- Autism Society of New Brunswick – http://www.autismnb.org/
- Autism of Nova Scotia – http://www.autismsocietynovascotia.ca
- Autism Working Group, Yukon (Email Link) – email@example.com
- Families for Effective Autism Treatments of Alberta http://members.shaw.ca/feat.ab/FEAT.html
- Federation quebecoise de l’autisme et des autres troubles envanissants du development www.autisme.qc.ca
- Manitoba Families for Effective Autism Treatment www.mfeat.ca/
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
- Canada’s SchoolNet – http://www.schoolnet.ca/
- Disability Weblinks Undertaken by Canada’s federal, provincial, and territorial governments – http://www.disabilityweblinks.ca
- Government Benefits Finder – http://www.canadabenefits.gc.ca/faechome.jsp?lang=en
- Jobs, Workers, Training and Careers – http://www.jobsetc.ca/
- Persons with Disabilities Online – http://www.pwd-online.ca/
OTHER NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Autism Research Institute
Serves as the hub of a worldwide network of parents and professionals concerned with autism.
- Autism Speaks
One of the largest foundations in the world dedicated to autism, with more than 130 employees and chapters across the US, Canada, and the UK.
- Autism Collaboration
Brings together the most experienced autism advocacy organizations in the country.
- The New England Center for Children
A private, non-profit organization serving children with autism and other related disabilities.
- Parents Helping Parents
A 33-year-old non-profit public benefit agency that meets the needs of one of our community’s most vulnerable populations—children with any special need and their families.
- Action for Autism
Non-profit national society based in India.
- Autism UK
Non-medical society for autism education based in the United Kingdom.
- Geneva Centre for Autism