People do not grow out of autism. Autism is a lifelong disorder; however, the manifestation of symptoms may change over time. While there is yet no known cure, autism is definitely treatable.
- Autism Resource Centre – ARC (Regina, SK) www.autismresourcecentre.com/
- The Casey Foundation www.thecaseyfoundation.org/
- SASKFEAT Saskatchewan Families for Effective Autism Treatment www.saskfeat.com
- Autism Awareness Centre http://www.autismawarenesscentre.org/
- Autism Canada Foundation www.autismcanada.org/
- Autism Today www.autismtoday.com/
- Autism Treatment Services of Canada www.autism.ca
- Autism Society Canada www.autismsocietycanada.ca/
- Canadian Autism Intervention Research Network www.cairn-site.com/
- Autism Calgary Association www.autismcalgary.com
- Autism Northwest Territories (Email Link) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autism Society of Alberta or Edmonton Autism Society www.edmontonautismsociety.org
- Autism Society of British Columbia (also serves Yukon) www.autismbc.ca/
- Autism Society of Manitoba www.autismmanitoba.com/
- Autism Society of Ontario www.autismsociety.on.ca
- Autism Society of Prince Edward Island www.autismsociety.pe.ca/
- Autism Society of New Brunswick – http://www.autismnb.org/
- Autism of Nova Scotia – http://www.autismsocietynovascotia.ca
- Autism Working Group, Yukon (Email Link) – email@example.com
- Families for Effective Autism Treatments of Alberta http://members.shaw.ca/feat.ab/FEAT.html
- Federation quebecoise de l’autisme et des autres troubles envanissants du development www.autisme.qc.ca
- Manitoba Families for Effective Autism Treatment www.mfeat.ca/
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
- Canada’s SchoolNet – http://www.schoolnet.ca/
- Disability Weblinks Undertaken by Canada’s federal, provincial, and territorial governments – http://www.disabilityweblinks.ca
- Government Benefits Finder – http://www.canadabenefits.gc.ca/faechome.jsp?lang=en
- Jobs, Workers, Training and Careers – http://www.jobsetc.ca/
- Persons with Disabilities Online – http://www.pwd-online.ca/
OTHER NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Autism Research Institute
Serves as the hub of a worldwide network of parents and professionals concerned with autism.
- Autism Speaks
One of the largest foundations in the world dedicated to autism, with more than 130 employees and chapters across the US, Canada, and the UK.
- Autism Collaboration
Brings together the most experienced autism advocacy organizations in the country.
- The New England Center for Children
A private, non-profit organization serving children with autism and other related disabilities.
- Parents Helping Parents
A 33-year-old non-profit public benefit agency that meets the needs of one of our community’s most vulnerable populations—children with any special need and their families.
- Action for Autism
Non-profit national society based in India.
- Autism UK
Non-medical society for autism education based in the United Kingdom.
- Geneva Centre for Autism