Approximately 50% of all savants have autism, while only about five to ten percent of individuals with autism possess extraordinary savant skills.
Family Programs, scheduled four times a year, offer resources for adults, youth & children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Fall 2017 Family Programs and AIP Programs have launched!
Financial Assistance Application Deadline is: Friday, August 25, 2017
Program Registration Deadline is: Thursday, August 31, 2017
**Before entering information into the fillable forms, please save the form to your computer first and then fill out. Sometimes with different browser settings if you do not save the form to your computer/device first you may lose all your entered information! You can contact email@example.com to request that the forms be emailed/mailed to you, if you prefer.**
Fall 2017 Program Guide - Please download for your reference
Please select from the following registration form(s):
Swim Participant Form - Required for registration in swimming programs
AIP Childcare Registration Form- Required if requesting childcare when registering for caregiver training.
Participant Info Form – Fillable - Required for registrations if you did not register for any programs yet for 2017.
2017 Fall Financial Assistance Application – Fillable Form - Required for all registrations requesting financial assistance, along with all required supporting documents.
• Registration is on a first come, first serve basis with limited space available.
• Some programs may fill up prior to the last day of registration so get your completed registration forms into us as soon as early as possible.• Please review and make note of cancelled dates during scheduled program sessions in our Guide or Registration Forms as they vary depending on the program.
• When using the fillable PDF forms for registration, remember to save the file to your computer first before you enter your data, enter your data into the form, save the file to your computer, and then email the file to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• After emailing or faxing in your forms, please confirm that we have received them.
• We would prefer a Visa or Master Card for registration fee processing but if you must pay by cheque, cheques may be post-dated no later than Thursday, August 31, 2017. If you are paying by cheque, we require a separate cheque written for each program registered and if renewing membership ($30/year).
Please note: payments will be processed starting after August 31, 2017.
**We do not accept any Debit cards for payment, including Visa or Mastercard Debit cards.**
Registration check-list for Family Programs & A.I.P. Programs:
• Registration Form Registration Forms are separated by Family Program & A.I.P. departments
• Participant Info Form (Fill this out if your child did not attend a Winter, Spring or Summer 2017 program. We keep these forms on file until Dec 31, 2017)
• Registered for a swimming lesson? Please fill out the Swim Form (used to arrange swim classes)
• Financial Assistance Application Form (Include copies of: 2016 Notice of Assessment (line 260) and 2 most recent pay stubs for each parent)
• Family Programs: Contact Megan Seto at email@example.com or 306-665-4289
• A.I.P. Programs: Contact Eileen Deswiage at firstname.lastname@example.org, 306-665-4297 or the facilitator listed for the program in the Fall Guide.
Only completed registrations will be considered for review once the registration deadline closes.
A completed registration includes all information and a method of payment included or financial assistance application completed with all supporting documents included. Registrations will be accepted by mail, fax, email (email@example.com) or dropped off in person. When mailing or faxing feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 665-7013 ext 0 to ensure that we have received all of the required forms and supporting documents.
OUR PROGRAM POLICIES
Registration: There will be no make up sessions/refunds offered for missed programs during the session. If there are any outstanding fees owed to Autism Services on your account, we will require these fees to be cleared prior to registering your child in our upcoming program session. Program spaces are limited and payment is required upon registration for all programs. A client cannot attend a registered program until registration forms have been received & processed by the Family Program Coordinator and a confirmation has been emailed/mailed to you. We ask all parents to confirm that their registration form was received by Family Programs.
Refunds: A $15 Administration Fee will be charged for all refunds. If you need to cancel your child’s registration, full refunds (excluding the $15 Administration Fee) are available up to one week prior to the program start date. After that time, full refunds (excluding the $15 Administration Fee) will be issued at the discretion of the Director of Family Programs. No refunds will be given after the program ends. All refund requests must be made in writing (email is preferred).
Parents: If you are off site while your child is attending an Autism Services program, we ask that you are available to be reached by phone during program hours. If you will be unavailable to be reached during program hours, we ask that you provide us with an alternate emergency contact.
Registration: There will be no make up sessions/refunds offered for missed programs during the session. If there are any outstanding fees owed to Autism Services on your account, we will require these fees to be cleared or arrangement made prior to registering your child in our upcoming program session. Spaces are limited and payment is required upon registration for all programs. A client can not attend a registered program until registration has been approved by Amanda Day, Sr. Consultant of the Autism Intervention Program. If you fax a registration, please request a confirmation that it was received by phone or email.
Refunds: Refunds will only be provided with written consent of the caregiver, indicating that the participant is no longer able to attend the group. This written consent must be provided one week prior to the group start date. Any cancellations after this period will not be reimbursed.
Parents: Please ensure that you remain at Autism Services while your child participates in the social skills group. Important Parent Training may be required during the therapeutic sessions, and these trainings are mandatory. Some group spaces are limited, so please register early.
The following is a list of programs and groups that may be offered throughout the year by Autism Services.
Social Skills Groups
Talking and Playing Together
This is an interactive group for children aged 6-10 who…
Teen Club give teens with Aspergers or high-functioning autism a place to “hang out with their peers” while promoting friendship skills and social opportunities in a supported recreational setting.
Bowlers from across the spectrum are welcome and will be supported by staff. Participants will be grouped in teams according to age and compatibility.
Sibling Club is designed to give brothers or sisters of…
Structured Swim Lessons
Autism Services has joined with the YWCA and YMCA to offer swimming opportunities to children and teens with ASD.
Music therapy uses a variety of techniques including music listening, music composition, singing, playing instruments, dancing, and improvisation.