Autism is not caused by a lack of love, and it is not cured by punishment. Parents need support to manage difficult behaviours with structure and consistency.
Family Programs, scheduled four times a year, offer resources for adults, youth & children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Spring 2018 Family Programs and AIP Programs have launched!
Financial Assistance Application Deadline is: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Program Registration Deadline is: Thursday, March 15, 2018
Registration forms and check-list:
Family Programs & A.I.P. Programs
• Registration Forms are separated by Family Program & A.I.P. departments
Please review the Spring 2018 Program Guide for information about available programs
• Participant Info Form (It’s a new program year, so everyone who was not registered for a Winter 2018 program must fill out a new one. We keep these forms on file until Dec 31, 2018)
• Registered for a swimming lesson? Please fill out the Swim Form 2018(used to arrange swim classes)
• Do you need childcare to attend one of the AIP parent/guardian classes? Please fill out the AIP Childcare Registration and submit with your registration.
• Financial Assistance Application Form (Include copies of: 2016 Notice of Assessment (line 260) and 2 most recent pay stubs for each parent)
Participant Info Form – 2018 - Required for all Winter 2018 Family Program and AIP Children’s Program registrations. The form will be kept on file and only needs to be filled out once per calendar year.
Financial Assistance Application- Required for all registrations requesting financial assistance, along with all required supporting documents. (Include copies of: 2016 Notice of Assessment (line 260) and 2 most recent pay stubs for each parent)
**Before entering information into the fillable forms, please save the form to your computer first and then fill out. Sometimes with different browser settings if you do not save the form to your computer/device first you may lose all your entered information! You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request that the forms be emailed/mailed to you, if you prefer.**
• Registration is on a first come, first serve basis with limited space available in each program.
• Some programs may fill up before the last day of registration so get your completed registration forms into us as soon as possible.
• Programs will be cancelled the weekend of Sat May 19 – Mon May 21, 2018 due to May long weekend.
• When using the fillable PDF forms for registration, remember to save the file to your computer first before you enter your data, enter your data into the form, save the file to your computer, and then email the file to us at: email@example.com
• We would prefer a Visa or Master Card for registration fee processing but if you must pay by cheque, cheques may be post-dated no later than Thursday, March 15, 2018. Please note: payments may be processed starting as early as Friday, March 16, 2018. We do not accept Debit or Visa Debit cards for payment.
Only completed registrations will be considered for review once the registration deadline closes.
A completed registration includes all information and a method of payment included or financial assistance application completed with all supporting documents included. Registrations will be accepted by mail, fax, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropped off in person. When mailing or faxing feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (306) 665-7013 ext 0 to ensure that we have received all of the required forms and supporting documents.
OUR PROGRAM POLICIES
Registration: There will be no make up sessions/refunds offered for missed programs during the session. If there are any outstanding fees owed to Autism Services on your account, we will require these fees to be cleared prior to registering your child in our upcoming program session. Program spaces are limited and payment is required upon registration for all programs. A client cannot attend a registered program until registration forms have been received & processed by the Family Program Coordinator and a confirmation has been emailed/mailed to you. We ask all parents to confirm that their registration form was received by Family Programs.
Refunds: A $15 Administration Fee will be charged for all refunds. If you need to cancel your child’s registration, full refunds (excluding the $15 Administration Fee) are available up to one week prior to the program start date. After that time, full refunds (excluding the $15 Administration Fee) will be issued at the discretion of the Director of Family Programs. No refunds will be given after the program ends. All refund requests must be made in writing (email is preferred).
Parents: If you are off site while your child is attending an Autism Services program, we ask that you are available to be reached by phone during program hours. If you will be unavailable to be reached during program hours, we ask that you provide us with an alternate emergency contact.
Registration: There will be no make up sessions/refunds offered for missed programs during the session. If there are any outstanding fees owed to Autism Services on your account, we will require these fees to be cleared or arrangement made prior to registering your child in our upcoming program session. Spaces are limited and payment is required upon registration for all programs. A client can not attend a registered program until registration has been approved by Amanda Day, Sr. Consultant of the Autism Intervention Program. If you fax a registration, please request a confirmation that it was received by phone or email.
Refunds: Refunds will only be provided with written consent of the caregiver, indicating that the participant is no longer able to attend the group. This written consent must be provided one week prior to the group start date. Any cancellations after this period will not be reimbursed.
Parents: Please ensure that you remain at Autism Services while your child participates in the social skills group. Important Parent Training may be required during the therapeutic sessions, and these trainings are mandatory. Some group spaces are limited, so please register early.
The following is a list of programs and groups that may be offered throughout the year by Autism Services.
Social Skills Groups
Talking and Playing Together
This is an interactive group for children aged 6-10 who…
Teen Club give teens with Aspergers or high-functioning autism a place to “hang out with their peers” while promoting friendship skills and social opportunities in a supported recreational setting.
Bowlers from across the spectrum are welcome and will be supported by staff. Participants will be grouped in teams according to age and compatibility.
Sibling Club is designed to give brothers or sisters of…
Structured Swim Lessons
Autism Services has joined with the YWCA and YMCA to offer swimming opportunities to children and teens with ASD.
Music therapy uses a variety of techniques including music listening, music composition, singing, playing instruments, dancing, and improvisation.